Hubby said I need to call it my late anniv. / early christmas present. But I finally got my car I've been wanting since Saturn first came out with them. I got a 2008 Saturn Outlook XE....Isn't she pretty? Hard to tell in the scanned pic Saturn gave us but she's a midnight blue. Now I can fit in with the cool soccer moms, LOL. Not that I'm a soccer mom right now but a mom I am. It was so funny to seeing the shock on Kaylahs face when she was throwing a fit and I brought down the tv screen for the dvd player it came with. Talk about an easy way home last night since lord help me I had forgotten her "Passie" (Trying so hard to break her off of it). No one believes me that my little baby girl becomes a little demon from "Passie" withdraws. It's crazy. Now Zachary he was funny cos he thinks he gets to have his cartoons in the car all the time but I told him ONLY on LONG TRIPS! That he's lucky cos mommy and daddy never even had anything like this as a kid.....it was road bingo or other self entertaining car games....LOL. Now Granted the DVD player was a bonus cos if it was me I wouldn't have added that package into the car but it was already hooked up with one. Call me old fashion...I'm sure I'll grow old being the lady that tells "when I was your age..." stories.....but whatever. Kids today are spoiled and yes I will admit mine are at times as well. But anywho...I love my new car. I had to share my new gift I got, LOL. :D
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
So I think it's time to get out of my MIA status and get back to reality. Now that hubby is off of leave and back to work it's time to get back to the ol' routine, during the day anyways, when he's not home. It's so great to have him home!! Kaylah, our 19mo old DD, had a little bit of warming up to daddy again (as you can see in the homecoming picture where she would not let go of me). I think she didn't find him real at first. "HEY this man came out of the TV and photos!!", LOL. Zachary is takin in some of the changes well. Except for the control of the remote and TV...LOL. Oh well. But it's been nice to hear Hubby play his Guitar, Act his dorkous self and just have the extra help I need.
Like I said though back to the ol' routine....I have a busy rest of the month ahead of me. Our Curves I go to is having a Holiday Craft Fair. So I need to bust products out and I also need to hit the hardware store to get some stuff to make a Display props to put my jewelery on that I'm going to sell being that this is the first fair or whatnot I've ever done. I also need to get busy on finishing up christmas gifts as well. Right now I'm in the middle of my MIL's gift and then I recently bought the stuff I needed for my Mom's gift. Busy Busy me....EEECK
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
So back in July I decided I had enough of sleeping in a bachelor/dorm looking bedroom...because saddly when you go threw my house it's all nicely decorated (kinda)and put together...even the kids room! Then there was our room....yeah, the catch all and literally we were using old moving boxes covered with sheets as night stands....Ghetto fab I know. So I spent probably $200 on a simple redecorating...and yeah I could of really added personality to the room with some color paint but living in military housing I'm in no mood to turn around and repaint the room white when we move out let alone have to fill out the paper work with the leasing office to paint the room. It would also be nice to have a whole bedroom set but it's not in our budget right now. But for $200 I don't think I did to bad with what I had. So with the excitment of my hubby's return home from a 6mo. deployment tonight why not show off the bedroom...LOL!!! Hey it's going to be business time tonight!!! ;)....WHOO HOO!!
My kitty Smoke making a guest appearance.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Thanks Rockerchic, LOL.....Let see first rules....
*** Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
*** Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
*** Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their name as well as links to their blog.
*** Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
2nd my dorky ways or interesting odd facts however you want to look at it. Either way I'm a Dorky Gal with Crazy traits, LOL....
1. I have no fear to burp or pass gas in front of my close friends. I firmly believe God gave us these noises in humor. So yes I still laugh about it at time like I'm 6 or something and also I won a burping contest about 12 yrs ago.
2. Speaking of contest.....I sure I can play Fear Factor in bug eating. In my SR year of H.S. our history class made a sod house.....In one of the sod patch I found a worm and was goofing off with my guy friends that I was going to eat it. One bet me $5 and yes I did....I ate me an earth worm...and it wasn't the first time either. In 2002 the local radio station here in Seattle, 107 the end, was doing a game at Fright Fest (Wild Wave's Amusment parks Halloween theme) for concert tickets to Korn and other prizes...To get the prize you had to bob for them in "WORMS" when we first saw the bucket it was Spaghetti and tomatoe sauce so My husband and I signed up to do it.....When the game started we found out there were actually earthworms also in it. My husband chickened out but when it came to my turn I was more in it than the big tuff looking guys before me. I even made the DJ feeling sick watching me bob for a prize taking in mouth full of worms and spaghetti to move it out of my way (cos you couldn't use hands). I had them flying all over the place. It was all in my hair, down my shirt....I was gross....Needless to say in the min. time though I didn't win anything but I did leave with a CD cos of how into it I got. LOL. My husband was sooo appalled by me, LOL.
3. I have a compulsive dissorder to make sure the front door is locked....it would be nothing for me to leave the house walk down the street then turn around to check the door again like 3 or 4 times. Till I have to tell myself the door is lock over and over again in my head. I also have the same issue with my car that I'll put the alarm on when it locks but if I don't remember hearing the beap I'll do it again after walking past 4 cars in the parking lot.
4. I don't know if this is strange or unusual but I have a clicking jaw. Due to me having a small mouth and crowded teeth. So if I open it up to wide like yawning it pops. ( get your mind out of the gutter!)
5. hummm...Oh when I was in grade school I had an obsession with Denim and Plaid. One year I think it was my 5th grade year all I wore was denim and plaid. I even had a denim jumpsuit and Denim converse shoes with purple Plaid inner lining. Those were the best and if I could get my hands on converse like that I'd wear em still. I mean even to this day I like denim and plaid....My bedding use to be till I redecorated this summer was Denim and the sheets were green and blue plaid. LOL. I even tend to lean towards Denim and plaid fabrics too when I go out for craft supplies or buying my kids cloths.
6. Japanese toliets!! I know it's been over almost 8 yrs since I last seen one of these thing but I swear in the potty world they tramatized me. I can't just plop a squat and go. I have bladder shyness and so I have to feel that Cold Porclien on my butt. It was nothing in Japan if we were road tripping and I had to go, that when we pulled up to a stop and I would potty dance my way in that you would see me come running right back out. Telling my husband we must find a western toilet. I even went all day holding it till the wish was made. This is a pic of my potty nightmare.....
Oh and here is a FUNNY comic I found online about Japanese toliets and how to use em'...
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~AD8Y-HYS/movie.htm Yes that would of been me in the last screen...I'm sure of it. Cos I'm not graceful one bit.
7. Ok this isn't to strange or in the dorky factor (but since rockerchic already posted her dorkiness of being a Sims2 Addict I couldn't very well put that in mine)but it's something alot of people never realize unless my hubby and I are standing together or I'm wearing heals cos he thinks me being even taller is flippen' HOT....but yes I'm taller than my hubby. He's 5'5" and I'm 5'8" (sorry I couldnt' find a recent picture of us showing our height diffrents besides Halloween last year)People I'm tagging....HA HA ;P
~I'M LIKE A CURRY :D
Well dispite the fact that I'm having a slow craft week....I did squeeze in some time to add 2 new items to my shop earlier today. I'm actually loving my ruffle cuff I made last night while watching the news on the election. Fun Fun....So here they are.....
Monday, November 3, 2008
So this week I'm going to be lacking in my crafts....Sorry. I'm getting ready for hubby to get home from deployment :D. And Go Fig....I barely put a dent in my to do list during the past 6 mos., LOL, then again I'm not to frazzeled by it. I have way to much to look forward to than worry about the "to do list". Though I am going to be trying to cram some of the stuff I was meaning to do with in the week. Mainly clearing some household clutter I hide behind closet doors, LOL, and finally catch up on ALL the laundry and get it all put away :P.
So till next week :D.......
So till next week :D.......
Saturday, November 1, 2008
So I already showed off my first attempt of a tutu and posted my DD in her costume for this year but here is my 4yr old son in his. He wanted to be a Rock Star (whoo Hoo my mind thought CHEAP AND EASY and it was). I made him a strap for his toy guitar cos I refused to let him tote the real one daddy gave him. He stuck a drum stick in his back pocket. I smudge eyeliner on his eyes and gave him black lipstick.....So ok he turned out to be more Emo Punk Rocker. But now that I look at these pics for some reason I'm reminded of the band Green Day. Crazy......